Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mmmmm....beer

This blog is suppose to be about all kinds of yeast related stuff. This weekend was beautiful and both of us worked hard outside all day. There was playing around, digging around, watering around, etc. Any way, today, out of any day was the most perfect day of the year so far to end it with a beer.

This is one of my home creations, a Honey Blond. The primary sugars while derived from the liquid malt extract was enhanced with a full pint of pure Wisconsin honey. I really like this one and it poured nicely. It's a little darker than I would have guessed a blond to be, but it tasted perfect.

It was sweet, with a dry after taste. I'm guessing the alcohol content is pretty high on this one, but you can't taste it. Now while I do prefer my beers at room temp, this one was perfect being refrigerated.

Next blog, sour dough strikes.

1 comment:

Patrick & Lindsay said...

I can't wait to try my own yeasty concoction.