Friday, April 13, 2007

A baking fool

I was feeling especially creative and recently emboldened by my success at rolls, I decided to attempt the Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin bread. This time however, I didn't have any oatmeal. Not to be dissuaded I went and scoured the internet for a recipe for cinnamon raisin bread that didn't have oatmeal or any thing else fancy. I found one at allrecipe.com Cinnamon Bread. This one was promising.

I actually added about 1/2 cup more raisins than the recipe called for because it didn't look like enough and frankly, I like raisins. These first two pictures show the dough and then after the first rise. It doubled all right, and then some. Don't worry, this called for making three loaves.

After this rising you punch it down and flatten it out with a rolling pin. After rolling it out you spread out a cinnamon sugar mixture all over it. Now this was the tricky part and where my lovely wife lent a hand. She rolled it up for me like a jelly roll. After that you cut it into thirds and pinch the ends down.

We only had two loaf pans so one of the loaves was made to bake free form style. You can see that they colored very well and the rolling action made for a pretty neat looking loaf of bread. Tasty too I might add.



1 comment:

Pat and Peggy said...

Your bread was delicious; we enjoyed it. Feel free to continue sharing.